- What is PRUdirect protect?
PRUdirect protect is an affordable yearly renewable term life insurance policy which provides basic coverage of up to RM 500,000 for death or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD).
- What is the coverage term?
PRUdirect protect is renewable up to 69 years old (Age Next Birthday).
- How do I know if this product suits me?
This product is suitable if you are looking for a pure protection life insurance plan with affordable premium.
- How do I know what coverage amount to select?
It depends on your budget and financial needs. The key is to reduce your family's and your financial burden should an unfortunate event happens. You should also ensure that you can afford the premium throughout the coverage term.
- How much premium do I need to pay?
The premium that you need to pay depends on your age, gender and selected coverage amount. Please note that the premium will increase according to your age next birthday at each policy anniversary. Kindly refer to the Product Disclosure Sheet for the amount that you need to pay.
- Are the premiums paid for PRUdirect protect eligible for Income Tax Relief?
Yes, the premium paid may qualify you for personal income tax relief subject to final decision of the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia.
- Who is eligible to purchase PRUdirect protect on prudirect.prudential.com.my?
You may purchase this plan if you are a Malaysian citizen residing in Malaysia and between the age of 19 and 60 on your next birthday.
- How do I find out more about the features and benefits of PRUdirect protect?
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Sheet for more details.
- Why do I need to upload NRIC?
In accordance with the guideline on anti-money laundering issued by Bank Negara Malaysia, it is our duty as a financial institution to verify the identity of our customers. Please upload an image of your new NRIC (front and back) when required and do ensure that the image provided shows your details clearly.
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel your policy if we are unable to satisfactorily verify your identity through the documents provided.
- I am a Malaysian but currently residing outside Malaysia, can I purchase PRUdirect protect?
This product is only valid for Malaysians who are currently residing in Malaysia. However, if you move abroad after purchasing the policy, you will still be covered as long as you continue paying your premium.
- Is Goods and Services Tax (GST) chargeable for PRUdirect protect?
GST is not chargeable for PRUdirect protect.
- Is there any additional fees and charges for this plan?
No. There are no additional fees and charges other than your premium payment.
- I have a medical condition. Can I still get cover under PRUdirect protect?
has been designed to be as simple and straightforward as possible, the application process will ask you about your health. If you have any relevant medical conditions, we won't be able to provide you PRUdirect protect
. Kindly click here
to find an agent who will be able to help you to get the right cover.
- Do I need to undergo medical checkup to buy PRUdirect protect?
No. You just need to answer the health related questions listed on the page after you have selected your desired coverage amount.
- What happens if I wrongly / mistakenly declare wrong information?
When answering any question asked by us, you must disclose all relevant facts correctly. We reserve the right to verify the information and declarations provided by you and may avoid this policy if incorrect information is provided.
- I have an existing PRUdirect protect policy, can I buy another one?
Yes, you could purchase up to a combined coverage amount of a total of RM500,000 as an income earners and RM350,000 for non-income earners across all your PRUdirect protect policies based on your profile.
- Can I buy PRUdirect protect from my Prudential Agent?
No, this product is an online-self-purchased product sold through prudirect.prudential.com.my.
- After I have purchased my policy, whom may I contact for policy servicing and enquiries?
- How can I submit my request form?
You may visit any one of our branches
thatis convenient to you. Otherwise, you may forward your servicing request form to us at [email protected]
via your registered email.
- How do I receive my policy document after purchase?
Once your purchase has been successful, you will receive an email confirmation. Your policy document will be available on PRUaccess plus
) 5 working days after receiving your email confirmation.
- What should I do if I can't view my e-policy document from my PRUaccess plus account?
If you are unable to view your e-policy document after 5 working days from receiving your email confirmation, please contact the Customer Service Hotline at 03-2116 0228 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.15pm) for assistance.
- Who can nominate for my policy?
The nominee has to be an individual. Nomination of an organization is not allowed. Please download the Trust and Nomination Form from PRUaccess plus
). Kindly complete the Trust and Nomination Form and return it to any of our branches.
- How can I change my contact details?
Please log on to PRUaccess plus
to change your contact details such as correspondence address, mobile telephone number, residence telephone number and email address.
- Can I change my payment frequency mode?
Only yearly premium payment is allowed.
- I want the subsequent premium to be deducted from another Credit or Debit Card, how do I change it?
Please fill up the Credit/Debit Card Enrollment Form and email it together with a scanned copy of your MyKads and the Credit Card Holder's MyKad to [email protected]
from your registered email address. You can download the form from PRUaccess plus
- Can I change the amount of cover under my policy?
No, you may not do so. Please give due consideration to the protection amount you require before enrolment.If you wish to purchase additional protection, then you may consider buying another PRUdirect protect
policy or kindly click here
to find an agent who will be able to help you.
- Can I cancel the policy after purchasing it?
Buying a life policy is a long-term financial commitment. You must choose the type of policy that best suits your personal circumstances and ensure that the premium is an amount you can afford.If you cancel your policy within the first 15 days after the policy has been delivered to you, we will refund the premium paid. If you cancel at any point after this, you will be covered under the policy until the date when the next premium becomes due. No premium paid will be refunded.
- To whom will my PRUdirect protect policy pay in the event of death?
The policy benefit will be paid to any person(s) whom you have nominated as beneficiaries of your policy. For a Total and Permanent Disability claim, the cash lump sum will be paid to "you" the assured. If you have assigned the policy to someone, the cash lump sum will be payable to the assignee of the policy.
- Where do I obtain the claims form?
You can get the form from our corporate website at https://www.prudential.com.my/
, any Prudential branch near you, email your request to [email protected]
or contact our Customer Service Hotline at 03 - 2116 0228 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.15pm).
- What are the documents needed when submitting a claim?
For Death Claim
Claimant is required to submit the following:
For Total Permanent Disability Claim
- 1) Death Claim Form – signed by the claimant (person who is making the claim)
- 2) Medical Report pertaining to the cause of death - signed by the doctor who last treated the deceased
- 3) Certified true copy of Death Certificate - to be certified by Prudential branch staff / Business Development Executive
- 4) Copy of Claimant’s MyKad
- 5) Copy of Deceased’s MyKad
- 6) Proof of Relationship between claimant and deceased where there is a nomination made in the policy:
- a) if claim is made by spouse – marriage certificate is required
- b) if claim is made by children – child birth certificate is required
- c) if claim is made by parent – Deceased birth certificate is required
- d) if claim is made by sibling – sibling’s and deceaseds’ birth certificates are required
- 7) Other supporting test/Laboratory Report: Biopsy, MRI, scan and investigation results (where applicable)
You are required to submit the following:
- 1) Duly completed Total Permanent and Disability Claim Form
- 2) Total and Permanent Disability Medical Report – completed and signed by doctor who treated the customer to be assured
- 3) Other supporting test/Laboratory Report: Biopsy, MRI, scan and investigation results (where applicable)
The company reserves the right to request for other relevant supporting documents, information or to view the original of the copied documents whenever necessary.
- As a policy owner, how do I check my claim status or further clarify any doubts regarding the claim decision?
You may check your claim status using the following ways:
- 1) Contact our Customer Service Hotline at 03 - 2116 0228 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.15pm)
- 2) Send us an email at [email protected]
- 3) Visit the nearest Prudential Branch
- How long will it take for a claim to be processed?
Normally it takes up to 14 working days from the date the last supporting document is received.
- Under what circumstances will my policy terminate?
Your policy terminates automatically (whichever happens first):
- on the policy anniversary date when you are 70 years old (Age Next Birthday);
- when this policy lapse due to non-payment of premium after the 30 days grace period;
- upon cancellation at your request;
- upon death of Life Assured during the term of the policy; or
- upon the occurrence of Total and Permanent Disability.
- If my PRUdirect protect policy is terminated 30 days after non-payment of premium (lapsed), can I revive my policy?
No, you will not be able to revive the policy. Therefore, it is important that you pay your premium on time. Alternatively you may purchase another PRUdirect protect policy.