- What is PRUDirect Cancer?
PRUDirect Cancer is an affordable yearly renewable term plan which provides financial protection up to RM250,000 upon diagnosis of Cancer during policy term. This plan offers you insurance protection up to age 70 next birthday.
- What does Cancer Benefit cover?
In the event of the Life Assured being diagnosed with Cancer (other than Thyroid Cancer) while the policy is inforce, 100% of the Sum Assured will be payable. Policy will terminate after the claim is payable.
If the diagnosis of Cancer is Thyroid Cancer, the Cancer Benefit payable will be limited to 10% of Sum Assured. The remaining benefit amount will be payable for Other Types of Cancer other than Thyroid Cancer.
- What are the choices of Sum Assured for PRUDirect Cancer?
RM50,000, RM100,000, RM150,000, RM200,000 and RM250,000.
- What is the coverage term?
PRUDirect Cancer is renewable up to 69 years old (Age Next Birthday).
- How do I know if this product suits me?
This product is suitable if you are looking for a pure protection critical illness plan. You should satisfy yourself that this plan will best serve your needs and that the premium payable under the policy is an amount you can afford.
- How do I know what coverage amount to select?
It depends on your budget and financial needs. The key is to reduce your family’s and your financial burden should an unfortunate event happens. You should also ensure that you can afford the premium throughout the coverage term. Kindly click here
to find out the coverage amount that suits you.
- How much premium do I need to pay?
The premium that you need to pay depends on your age, gender, smoker status and selected coverage amount. Please note that the premium will increase according to your age next birthday at each policy anniversary. Premium is non-guaranteed and we can revise the premium at any time by giving you 30 days' notice. Kindly refer to the Product Disclosure Sheet for the amount that you need to pay.
- Are the premiums paid for PRUDirect Cancer eligible for Income Tax Relief?
The premium paid may qualify you for personal income tax relief subject to final decision of the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia.
- Who is eligible to purchase PRUDirect Cancer on prudirect.prudential.com.my?
You may purchase this plan if you are a Malaysian citizen residing in Malaysia and between the age of 19 and 60 next birthday.
- How do I find out more about the features and benefits of PRUDirect Cancer?
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Sheet for more details.
- Why do I need to upload National Registration Identity Card (NRIC)?
As a responsible financial institution, it is our duty to verify the identity of our customers. Please upload an image of your new NRIC (front and back) when required and do ensure that the image provided shows your details clearly.
Please note that we reserve the right to request for a copy of NRIC subsequently and cancel your policy if we are unable to satisfactorily verify your identity through the documents provided.
- I am a Malaysian but currently residing outside Malaysia, can I purchase PRUDirect Cancer?
This product is only valid for Malaysians who are currently residing in Malaysia. However, if you travel overseas, you will still be covered as long as you continue paying your premium subjected to policy terms and conditions.
- Is Sales and Services Tax (SST) chargeable for PRUDirect Cancer?
SST is not chargeable for PRUDirect Cancer.
However, Taxes may be imposed or increased, at any time on any of the premiums, or any other payments due and payable by you for this Policy. If so, you shall pay the Taxes at the applicable prevailing rate.
- Are there any additional fees and charges for this plan?
No. There are no additional fees and charges other than your premium payment.
- I have a medical condition. Can I still get cover under PRUDirect Cancer?
has been designed to be as simple and straightforward as possible, the application process will ask you about your health. If you have any medical conditions which are relevant to cancer, we won't be able to offer you PRUDirect Cancer
. Kindly click here
to find a Prudential agent who will be able to help you to get the right cover.
- Do I need to undergo medical checkup to buy PRUDirect Cancer?
No. You just need to answer the health related questions listed on the page after you have selected your desired coverage amount.
- What happens if I wrongly / mistakenly declare wrong information?
When answering any question asked by us, you must disclose all relevant facts correctly. We reserve the right to verify the information and declarations provided by you and may avoid this policy if incorrect information is provided.
- I have an existing PRUDirect Cancer policy, can I buy another one?
Yes. You can purchase up to a combined PRUDirect Cancer coverage amount of a total of RM250,000.
- How do I receive my policy document after purchase?
Once your purchase has been successful, you will receive an email confirmation. Your policy document will be available on PRUAccess Plus
) 5 working days after you have received the email confirmation.
- What should I do if I can't view my e-policy document from my PRUAccess Plus account?
If you are unable to view your e-policy document after 5 working days from receiving your email confirmation, please contact the Customer Service Hotline at 03 - 2116 0228 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.15pm) for assistance.
- Can I buy PRUDirect Cancer from my Prudential agent?
- After I have purchased my policy, who may I contact for policy servicing and enquiries?
- Who can I nominate for my policy?
Nomination is not allowed as PRUDirect Cancer provides living benefit only.
- Who can I assign for my policy?
Assignment is not allowed for PRUDirect Cancer.
- How can I change my contact details?
Please log on to PRUAccess Plus
to change your contact details such as correspondence address, mobile telephone number, residence telephone number and email address.
- Can I change my payment frequency mode?
Only yearly premium payment is allowed.
- Can I change my method of premium payment?
Yes, you can change your method of premium payment between Credit Card and Debit Card.
- I want the subsequent premium to be deducted from another Credit or Debit Card, how do I change it?
Please fill up the Credit/Debit Card Enrollment Form and email it together with a scanned copy of your MyKad and the Credit/Debit Card Holder's MyKad to [email protected]
from your registered email address. You can download the form from PRUAccess Plus
- Can I change the amount of cover under my policy?
No, you cannot do so. Please give due consideration to the protection amount you require before enrolment.
If you wish to purchase additional protection, then you may consider buying another PRUDirect Cancer
policy. Alternatively, if you would like to find out about other insurance products, kindly click here
to find a Prudential agent who will be able to help you.
- Can I cancel the policy after purchasing it?
You may choose to cancel your policy by giving us a written notice. If you choose to cancel your Policy after the Free Look Period, you will only be covered under the Policy until the date the Premium becomes due. No cash value will be payable and no premium paid will be refunded.
- What is Free Look Period?
You may cancel your policy by giving a written notice to us within 15 days after the policy has been delivered to you. We will refund you the premiums that you have paid.
- Where do I obtain the claims form?
You can get the form from our corporate website at https://www.prudential.com.my/
, any Prudential branch near you, email your request to [email protected]
or contact our Customer Service Hotline at 03 - 2116 0228 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.15pm).
- What are the documents needed when submitting a claim?
For Cancer Claim:
You are required to submit the following:
- Claim Form and Direct Credit Form - to be completed and signed by the claimant
- Critical Illness Claim (Doctor’s Statement for cancer) - completed and signed by doctor who treated the customer to be assured
- Other supporting test/Laboratory Report: Biopsy, MRI, scan and investigation results (where applicable)
The company reserves the right to request for other relevant supporting documents, information or to view the original of the copied documents whenever necessary.
- As a policy owner, how do I check my claim status or further clarify any doubts regarding the claim decision?
You may check your claim status using the following ways:
- Contact our Customer Service Hotline at 03 - 2116 0228 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.15pm)
- Send us an email at [email protected]
- Visit the nearest Prudential branch
- How long will it take for a claim to be processed?
Normally it takes up to 14 working days from the date the last required claiming document is received.
- Under what circumstances will my policy terminate?
Your policy terminates automatically (whichever happens first):
- on the policy anniversary date when you are 70 years old (Age Next Birthday);
- when this policy lapses due to non-payment of premium after the 30 days grace period;
- upon cancellation;
- upon death during the term of the policy;
- when the policy is not renewed; or
- when we approve a claim for Other types of Cancer under Cancer Benefit.
- Is PRUDirect Cancer a guaranteed renewal plan?
No, PRUDirect Cancer
is not a guaranteed renewal plan. We may:
- renew this Policy or renew this policy with modified terms and conditions so long as the premium is paid by you; or
- not renew this policy; or
- cancel this policy and offer to issue you with a new policy under another insurance product. We will decide on the terms of this new policy, which include but not limited to the terms relating to benefits and amount of premium,
by giving you not less than 30 days written notice before that policy anniversary.
- If my PRUDirect Cancer policy is terminated 30 days after non-payment of premium (lapsed), can I revive my policy?
No, you will not be able to revive the policy. Therefore it is important that you pay your premium on time. Alternatively you may purchase another PRUDirect Cancer policy. However, waiting periods will apply when you purchase another policy.
- What are the exclusions for PRUDirect Cancer?
This policy does not cover:
- symptoms of illness that occur prior to or within 60 days for Cancer Benefit after the policy has commenced;
- illness that was not diagnosed while the Life Assured was alive;
- illness arising directly or indirectly from Pre-Existing Conditions;
- illness that is directly or indirectly caused by the existence of Acquired Immuno-deficiency Syndrome (“AIDS”) or the presence of any Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (“HIV”) infection;
- illness that is caused by alcohol or substance abuse or addiction; or
- illness that is caused by nuclear fusion, nuclear fission, nuclear waste or any radioactive or ionizing radiation
- What is the definition of Cancer?
Cancer means any malignant tumour positively diagnosed with histological confirmation and characterized by the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells and invasion of tissue. The term malignant tumor includes leukemia, lymphoma and sarcoma. For the above definition, the following are not covered:
- All cancers which are histologically classified as pre-malignant, non-Invasive, carcinoma in situ, having borderline malignancy and/or having malignant potential
- All tumors of the prostate histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM classification)
- All tumors of the thyroid histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM classification)
- All tumors of the urinary bladder histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM classification)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia less than RAI Stage 3
- All cancers in the presence of HIV
- Any skin cancer other than malignant melanoma
- What is the definition of Thyroid Cancer?
Thyroid Cancer means any malignant tumour of the thyroid gland positively diagnosed with histological confirmation and characterized by the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells and invasion of tissue. For the above definition, all tumours of the thyroid histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM classification) are not covered.